Thursday, September 06, 2007

VIEWERS DISCRETION ADVISED -18SG -

Got a forwarded email from my friend today. Courtesy of Mr. Au Kenn of Ismeca. Reminded me of the first time I ate this stuff in Philippines. Basically the MMUCF graduates of 2002 (abt 20 of us if i can recall) organized a Mission Trip to Philippines. We covered quite a number of places from Manila - La Union - Vigan - Baguio and some places in between. We had excellant hosts too who brought us round and one of them actually gave us one of this local delicacy... called "balut". We heard abt it before we came... but the horrors of horrors is when u actually see it and supposed to eat it... :P

Anyway most of the guys chicken out at first, and shockingly it was the girls that ate first. I have to admit I was the 2nd last guy that ate it... and man... that'll be the first and last time I'll ever eat or go near that "thing".



Balut Peeling


The first thing is u drink the "juice" in the egg. Then you're supposed to eat the "stuff" mixed with some salt and vineger. As in drinking the juice wasn't bad enough, wait till you eat it. The first thing is you fell the feathers and the bones... and *cannot describe some more*... I just literally swallowed it and drank gallons of water after that. This is one of the times I can see guys squirm!.


Balut unveiled!

Anyway it was an interesting experience and as Jack Rogan says... "and obviously fear is not a factor to you!"

No comments: