Sunday, July 20, 2008

I should...

Well after much mulling and thinking through (quite literally! thought abt it for over 2 months)... I finally decided to get her... let's just say I spent a tidy sum to get this babe... It's a 2001 edition Taylor 414ce. Obviously by the date you can deduce it's a 2nd hand unit. The latest edition goes for RM6K++...
Went up to PJ to grab it last Friday, couldn't really test it out as we're rushing back to Melaka (Michelle has officially graduated! Congrats!). The previous owner is migrating overseas and was looking for a buyer to take care of this babe... he even passed on the leather Taylor Guitar Strap and the chromatic Intellitouch Tuner... it's a real blessing...

So one of the first few things went I did over here was to check for defects and stuff... all I can say it's really well taken care of and just normal usage markings on the guitar. Next, went to City Music to grab a set of Elixir Strings (now going for RM60!!!!)...
Compared playing it with my current Yamaha FGX-413SC (which is stringed with Elixir and is also a cutaway), there's a warmer tone that's produced out of the Taylor and there seem to be a higher amplitude in the midrange frequencies, finger plucking is really superb on the Taylor and strumming produces a "fuller" sound. I haven't had a chance to checkout the pickup, hopefully would be doing so this coming weekend...

So just leave you guys with 2 pics... hopefully I can comeup with a proper review soon... Cheers!

No comments: