Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Last Weekend

It's my last weekend over here.... woooooohooooooooooo.... I'm going back.... i hear the roti canai's, nasi lemak's calling for my name!.... really looking forward to get back... I'm not sure when's the next time I'm gonna come back to the UK... but I do take away with me valuable experiences, sights and culture (not the boozing and swearing... :P)... one thing about staying "long" somewhere u get to immerse in the culture... food, music, lifestyle, language, tv programs, and whole loads of it... it's been a great time here (minus the work of course... :P)...

Anyway a colleague of mine suggested that I visit Arundel Castle... I was pretty amazed that I didn't hear abt this major medieval castle during my last trip here... and it's only 35 minutes from Hayling Island... so as I got some time off last weekend... just decided to drive over there... since I went alone i sort of memorized the major roads I have to follow and straight shoot off... the signboards are pretty good and manage to reach there... the castle can be seen from quite a distance...
Arundel Castle from a distance...
Arundel Castle is located in a very old market town... called Aundel (obviously)... and it sits along this river called River Arun (duhhhh....)... it's a small, pretty and quiet town...

Old English Houses along River Arun...

Traditional Butcher Shop...

Entrance fee to see Arundel Castle is 13pounds... and as with the castles over here... u can't take any pictures within the walls... which I think actually holds the more value than the castle grounds... but I think Windsor Castle has a much much better display, especially in the State Apartments...

I did enjoy walking around the castle walls and castle grounds... it's like walking through a medieval movie... high walls... draw bridges... old armouries... really cool... anyway will leave u guys with some pics...

The Magnificent Arundel Castle...

An old drawbridge to the Castle Entrance

The oldest portion of the castle...

The garden and cathedral within the castle walls...

Walking within the walls...

Wild flowers within the castle grounds

The rose garden...

Hope you've enjoyed the pics... and looking forward to see all of ya soon... cheers...

2 comments:

joona said...

I can imagine Disney's beauty and the beast story taking place in a castle like that... hehe.

Joygerm said...

wahhh someone dropped a comment!... it's a day in history!... hehe... dramatic a bit :)... U imagine "Beauty and the Beast"... i imagine more of in the lines of "Lord of the Rings" haha