Monday, August 18, 2008

Australia: Australia Zoo (Part 2)

I actually didn't plan at all for this holiday. It just so happened that one day in my conversation with my sis, she said she wanted to bring Shannon to the Australia Zoo as they have some discount coupons and asked whether I wanna go. So I just gave a quick check on how many work leave that I have and decided to go!...

The ticket price was covered by the Frequent Flyer Miles I have with MAS, but the airport tax and fuel surcharge that I have to pay came up to nearly the same amount! So after frantically finding for seats (mostly booked as it's a peak season)... manage to get one... and had to go all the way to MAS office and pay it...

So, you can say the main motivation was to go to Australia Zoo and to play with my niece :P... haha, anyway here goes part 2...

Much of the time in Australia Zoo was spent in "crocoseum"... think of the word as a derivative of colloseum rahter than museum ok!

The crocoseum with a huge LCD display

The "arena" where humans and animals battle out... or more like the crocs get bullied!

The crocoseum spectators... no cheering, just eating!


There were a number of animals on show, and the main idea of the shows is basically to drive home the idea of conservation and becoming a "wildwife warrior", some highlights of the show was having exotic birds flying around, crocodile feeding and stuff... anyway some of the pics below...

Jumbos Galore

Spot the flying macaw...

Can you hear the croc sing... I believe I can fly

There were several stuff prepared mainly for kids.. they have this kids zoo where you have young farm animals being displayed and the kids can go over and pet them... besides that there's the usual playground and also some "special" rides...

The Kids Zoo...

The Playground

The Special Ride... :P

Last but not least they have a special space dedicated as a Steve Irwin tribute... I'm not sure if it's a permanent fixture but it was nice to see that he is still fondly remembered by the public. There were many tributes all around, mainly written on the Australia Zoo uniform popularized by him, pictures paintings of him and small crocodiles laid all around... so here's to Steve Irwin... the Original Wildlife Warrior...

Penned Shirts...

Pictorial Tributes...

Till the next installment... G'day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man!! You've been to Australia Zoo??? I have been there and yes, the tribute to Steve Irwin is a permanent fixture

Joygerm said...

heh cool... I've also been to QUT thanks to u!... hehe