Monday, September 15, 2008

AKEDREM?... yea rite...

I was deeply touched when I read the account of Tan Hoon Cheng who was detained under the ISA for 18 hours.

"When the police car arrived at the station's entrance, my superior, Puah Eu Peng, our Northern Region Manager, tried to halt the car with his body, to slow the police car's movement. He knocked at the window, to make sure that I was in the car and gestured to show me his support."

An account of it can be accessed here: http://mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/12732/84/ and here: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/9/15/nation/20080915132832&sec=nation

I love this country.

Currently I am extremely appalled, disappointed, frustrated and disgusted.

I have lived with biasness, polarisation, etc and have endured that for the past 28 years. But this takes it to another level and for the life of me I can't comprehend this utter complete miscarriage and abuse of power.

I can't understand... so... Open the eyes of my heart, Lord

No comments: