Saturday, October 04, 2008

Investments?

Have always followed the economic news and recent developments aren't good at all... although it should have been expected... when KLCI was about 1150 I already chopped off all my shares... took quite a huge hit financially but looking at things at the moment... it's better to hold cash...

Gold anyone?

Just to share some ideas on where u can invest during these times. I *think* GOLD is quite safe to invest in. Have been following news/thoughts and monitoring the gold price for the past 2 months. It hit a real low about 2-3 weeks back but have been recovering, and right now dropped a little due to the US bailout plan. As of writing, Gold spot price is about RM93.20 per gram.

How to invest? There are various means to invest. Physical gold, ETF's, brokerage that deal with precious metals. But all these are not easily accesible by the man on the street. And definitely we don't have that much capital to invest in huge amounts.

Here's the deal: There's a LOCAL bank that has a gold investment account. I've been monitoring their prices for a month and on average... they would buy somewhere near the SPOT price... and sell about RM3 higher or 4% higher (I'm not too sure how they calculate). So you can open an account with a pass book... and trade in gold. Definitely it's not as easy as having something online or going through a broker... but I think it's quite a good alternative investment for the current climate...

Anyway this are just my PERSONAL thoughts... it's not a recommendation to buy or sell. But I think I would want to give it a shot... haha... :)... will let u guys know if there are any developments on this front... :)...

No comments: