Tuesday, April 15, 2008

American Idol Shouts... *edited*

I'm not sure how many of you all caught "American Idol: Idol Gives Back". The hotel here doesn't have a channel showing it :(... so was just catching the highlights over the internet... was pretty much surprised that they sang "Shout To The Lord" not once... but twice... with the last one the word "My Jesus" edited to "My Shepherd"... I've linked both here... enjoy

The first one...


The 2nd one...


Pretty good and strong performance on both.... wonder whether it's shown back in Malaysia... let me know guys...

I've pretty much lost track of American Idol, but thanks to You Tube I can catch good performances here and there... and this was quite refreshing... but was just wondering why they had to omit out the "My Jesus" part... not that I'm so taken up by it... just curious... international audience perhaps?...

*addition* Michelle just highlighted to me this cool commentary on the aftermath: http://www.joshharris.com/2008/04/inside_scoop_on_shout_to_the_l.php

1 comment:

joona said...

today i MADE time to read blogs. haha. anyway, i heard that they didnt edit it on astro. so it was actually aired for everyone's viewing. i didnt manage to catch it though, so thanks for posting the videos here. i'm not sure about the local channels though...