Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Stint 3...

This is my 3rd stint in the UK. And what a start it is. In the first place I wasn't keen to come to the UK... knowing the amount of workload that I would have and especially knowing that I'll be here for an undetermined period :P....

I have never lost my wallet. ever. until this trip. Of all places it has to be in UK. away from home. I didn't realize it was missing until I checked into the hotel at Hayling Island... which is abt 1.5 hours away from Heathrow Airport. But stangely although I was frustrated abt it but I'm surprised at the pretty calm way I handled.... I didn't really fly into a panic but start making calls to the taxi company and locating numbers to call.

After the taxi company confirmed that my wallet is not inside the car I feared the worst. I called HSBC Malaysia to cancel all my credit cards and atm cards. Next was to locate the number of Mas Airlines in London office. and Guess what.... none of it was working... could have guess that it was a sunday. So I called the MAS customer support in Malaysia. It's about 1am Malaysia time so I can't really blame the operater for giving me... SCANDINAVIAN airline office number. so back to MAS office Malaysia, called and realized it was a different operator and she gave the correct number. So called and managed to get them and i was so surprised when i enquired, they said yes there was a wallet found. PRAISE GOD!...

The next problem was retrieving it. I had to go all the way to London to collect it before 11am as they would not send a wallet by mail. So I was already planning to get there by train and bus. roughly a 2.5 hours journey. So while chatting with my friend who's staying in the same hotel, he told that he's leaving for London at 7am in the morning!, and even that... he was actually supposed to leave on Friday but the plans was cancelled! hmmm wonder whether God was "arranging" for me to loose my wallet...

Anyway for the trip back I was prepared to pay the taxi to return me to the hotel... but in the middle of the journey, my UK boss called and he said it's ok and to charge the fare to the company!

Faith is strange, although I was prepared for the worse, but I prayed for the best outcome... and the prayers were answered. Is this faith?

Although it was a miserable experience, I expected for the worse actually, planning to report the lost only when I return and all... but Thank God everything turn out well.

Anyway I'm in office right now... pretty much hitting the road running... so within 24 hrs in office I manage to mess up a clean and nice and EMPTY table.... to this:


Hehe... till the next post... ciaos....

2 comments:

rachellmc said...

wow...through "trials & tribulations" He never fails thee... :) Wat a testimony! PTL!

Joygerm said...

yups he works in mysterious ways... PTL. =)