Saturday, April 12, 2008

Art in me...

It's a song I like from Jars Of Clay Self titled album... anyway I like this person's thoughts on art... :

"What we need is art made with excellence—art that reflects the joy, suffering, pain, brokenness, hope in the world around us, even art grounded in a Christian worldview—and a Church that supports it. This art may come from Christians, but we should recognize that it may also come from people who do not know Christ. In its essence, art is the expression of human emotion; true art reminds us that this temporal existence is not the end, that there is something greater, something this world cannot satisfy. It cannot help but call us to God if we only follow its calling. In this way, art is a connection, a connection deeper than mere brushstrokes on a canvas or images on film. "

For full article get it here: I like the way her thoughts are phrased and articulated in the article. Be Blessed.

When I read the article it just sort of reminded my past brushes with art... and I'm not sure how I end up as an engineer. Have always been an 'art-sy' person. In fact I actually "sold" drawings when i was in standard 2 and 3. That time I use to draw pictures of World War 2 planes, war ships, war scenarios and stuff and my classmates would buy it for 10-20 cents... really good one's are bidded up to 50 cents!... enough for a full meal in the canteen!... I'm really not kidding... I still remember I had a competitor by the name of Steven John... he was also an excellant artist... hehehe

Desktop piece from Relevant Magazine


By the time I was form 3-5, there was the PC revolution... and I designed alot of stuffs on the PC using Adobe Photoshop... it was an amazing software... did bookmarks and all... part of the motivation was "showing off" skills at that time... especially to the ladies... hahaha...

Anyway by the time I was in uni... and saw all the superb designs in UNI... especially from the FCM group (faculty of creative multimedia)... I realized I was pretty crap... hahaha so downgraded to doodling designs and stuff on pieces of paper... even then someone did mention that my designs were pretty good... :P... and I actually wanted to start an advertising company... which is called... *secret* :P... some of you out there might know... :P

Anyway... that's history... here am I sitting in front od the computer... trying to meet deadlines to get some development work done... sigh... till the next secret... :P

Cheers...

1 comment:

joona said...

i know! i know the secret name! haha